Monday, February 6, 2012

Poetry Previous Knowledge Paragraph

The first time I have experienced poetry was in my freshmen year. I found myself writing about my feelings and what I really want to tell people. I started rhyming and experience of what I was writing.
On one hand, experience of what you're writing about can be helpful, and usually gives me a sense of authenticity. I enjoyed writing it because I was expressing myself and wrote down my deep thoughts. I showed it to my best friend and she loved it! Her reaction made my life, and that was the time when I knew that I might me talented in writing poetry. In my sophomore year, I manged myself to show it to my English teacher. When I did, her eyes were wide open. Without asking me, she shared it with the class and the class kept on wondering who it was. Until this day, nobody knows it was mine. I still have the poetry. If you ever wonder why I wrote from the first place... it was because I was really mad at my mother for being against me all the time so I went to call my friend to talk to her, but she wasn't there. So I started writing in my diary, and it became a poetry! Ever since that day, I've been writing poems about everything I feel, and that was what cheered me up the most. This year, I hope I can get the courage to share it with some of the people in here! <3

No comments: